Super soft and moist apple cinnamon mug cake. There’s not a chewy piece to find in this mug cake. Ready in 5 minutes too! Serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream and you’re set. Best lazy dessert ever.
The weather over here is getting colder and colder. If you’re anything like me, you have zero cold tolerance and keep the water boiler working 24/7 to make plenty mugs of searing hot tea to keep your hands warm. Although I have thousands of tea flavors on stock, the winter is long (yes, autumn in The Netherlands counts as winter too xD) and tea can get a little bit boring sometimes. But fear not. Today, I have a new option for you: Delicious apple cinnamon mug cake to keep your hands warm. This mug cake is pure autumn in a mug. Soft, moist, full of cinnamon flavor, packed with soft warm apples and ready within 5 minutes. No oven needed, just a microwave. I’m not kidding. And there’s even a vegan option! You know you have to make this 😉 Did you know I have cheat recipes for oreo cream pie, pizza and curry laksa too?
What cake would you like to turn into a mug cake?
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp skim milk*
- ½ Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ apple, diced
- 1 scoop of ice cream (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking powder and salt). Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix the wet ingredients (milk, vanilla extract and white vinegar).
- Using a whisk, mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the diced apples.
- Pour the batter into a mug (250 mL) and microwave 105 seconds at 850W.**
- Let the cake cool slightly before adding a scoop of your favorite ice cream. Serve immediately.
- * Use unsweetened almond milk or soy milk as vegan option.
- **Adjust cooking time according to microwave wattage.