Crispy fries baked in the oven and royally flavored with a sweet chili mixture. Perfect to have on the side or to devour as an amazing cheat snack.
I’m not going to lie to you. I work out 3/4 days a week and I need it. Seriously. I’ve never been the girl that stays stick thin even if she eats like a pig. Well, when I was little I was stick thin, but that was because I didn’t eat anything ^^” But when i eat like a pig, I become a pig. Kudos if you’re different and “I feel your pain” if you’re anything like me. That being said, I love working out. Especially because working out means I get to eat more food. It’s probably my main motivation; food. Like today’s thick BAKED (I never fry food because of the forever greasy smell) SWEET CHILI fries. That’s right. Sweet chili. We’re going there. Not just ordinary fries, but CRISPY fries covered in a delicious mix of herbs and spices. You have to try this. Asap.
P.S: Try the sweet chili mix on potato chips too!
What are your favorite kind of fries?
- 5 medium potatoes
- 2-3 cups of water, to soak potatoes
- 1½ Tbsp parsley
- 1½ Tbsp confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp oil, for baking
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and get a baking tray ready.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into fries.
- Soak the fries 30 minutes in cold tap water to remove some of the starch.
- Drain the fries and pat the fries thoroughly dry with paper towels.
- Mix the fries with 2-3 Tbsp (olive) oil.
- Bake the fries 40-50 minutes* at 180 C or until crisp and golden brown. Flip the fries over when you're halfway baking time.
- In the mean time, mix all herbs and spices until mixed evenly. Set aside.
- Remove fries from the oven and absorb excess oil with paper towel immediately.
- Coat the fries with as much or little sweet chili mix as you like. Serve immediately.
- *Baking time depends on thickness of the fries.
- This recipes serves 2-4 depending on what kind of dish you serve it as.