Rather cute than scary, but these chocolate spiders made from Oreos sure are fun to make. You only need four ingredients.
It’s almost Halloween again! To be honest, I don’t celebrate Halloween, but I thought it’d be fun to share a small DIY/recipe with you guys. A DIY for chocolate spiders. Cute, right? These spiders are super easy to make and taste delicious too! The best thing about this DIY is that YOU can decide how many of these sweet goodnesses you want to make. If you buy Oreos that come in serving size packaging, you only need to make two. Always welcome to make more of course 😉 In addition, if you’ve got European Oreos, you can even make these vegan by using vegan chocolate! (EU Oreos are vegan.)
- Double Cream Oreos
- Pretzel sticks
- Semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- White chocolate chips
- Take the Oreos apart.
- Break the pretzel sticks in eight equal parts.
- Heat the Oreo cream a bit with a warm vinger and press a part of the pretzel sticks in the cream to create legs.
- Put the cookie back to re-assemble the Oreo. Should the cookie not stick, glue it with a little bit of molten chocolate.
- Coat the Oreos with pretzel stick with semi-sweet chocolate. Carefully, shake off the excess chocolate.
- Place the spiders on a silpat and add white chocolate chip eyes.
- Draw the irises with a vork and molten chocolate.
- Let the chocolate set completely.
- I did not mention amounts of ingredients, because it depends on how many spiders you want to make.