Oreos and chocolate. The only ingredients you need for these cute Oreo bats. Easy and quick, on a stick, ready to eat.
Huh an early post today? Yes, because I’ve got another post planned later. So two posts today! (yay) Today’s another Halloween post. Nothing fancy, just like yesterday. Just a quick DIY for the last-minute people out there (don’t worry, I’m the same, won’t judge). Today, I’ll be playing with Oreos again. I love Oreos. Did you know that? They’re so easy to work with and you can use it for so many things: Cheesecake bases, quick pies, cupcake stuffing.. You name it! And today, I’ll be showing you how to make cute lil’ bats out of these good cookies. No bake. They’re super easy. And as they’re more on the cute side than scary side, I guess you could call these kid-friendly too 😉
Anyway, to make these bats you’ll only need Oreos and some chocolate. That’s it. I used Double Cream Oreos, because I love double cream (and was too lazy to go out and get regular Oreos), but you can use whatever Oreos you have on hand. Even “fake” Oreos will do. As long as you like the flavor, you’re good. Just like the Chocolate Spiders, I don’t mention any quantities with the ingredients because it really depends on how many you want to make. Per bat you need 2 (acutally 1,5) Oreo and some melted chocolate to secure the wings and coat the bats.
The hardest part to these bats is taking apart the Oreos. Really. It was my biggest frustration. Usually my recipes call for crushed Oreos, so I’ve never actually needed to take Oreos apart for a recipe. It didn’t seem too hard on tv, but let me tell you: whoever said you should TWIST an Oreo was dead wrong. Twist, lick, dunk’? Nu-uh! Man, my lazy bum got scared when I broke about the first four cookies, trying to twist these. I thought I’d have to run to the groceries store again in the freezing cold just for Oreos! Don’t worry though, I’ve figured it out for you: Carefully pull the Oreos apart or use a small paring knife. So much easier. In my opinion anyway. Once you’ve got you Oreos split, it’s a matter of sticking in the wings, closing the Oreo and dunkin’ it in some delicious melted chocolate.
PS: If you have expert twisting tips, let me know in the comments down below.
- Semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- White chocolate, chips and melted
- Deconstruct the Oreo and scrape out the cream. Break the cookies in half to create wings.
- Deconstruct another Oreo. Cut two opposite triangles out of the cream (see video).
- Also make a slit for the lollipop stick.
- Dip a wing about 1/3 in the melted chocolate and press the chocolate side in the cut-out-triangle. Repeat for the other wing.
- Dip the top of the lollipop stick in the melted chocolate and press this in the slit of the cream.
- Dip een lollipop stokje een klein stukje in chocolade en druk deze ook in de room.
- Add a little bit of chocolate on the remaining cream so you can stick the cookie back on. Let the chocolate set for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Dip the Oreo bats in melted chocolate and decorate with white chocolate (chips). Let the chocolate set completely before serving.
- I don't mention any quantities with the ingredients because it really depends on how many you want to make. Per bat you need 2 (acutally 1,5) Oreo and some melted chocolate to secure the wings and coat the bats.