Healthy and easy chicken stirfry! Tender chicken, snappy sweet snap peas, bamboo shoots and a hint of ginger. Delicious with a bowl of hot steamy rice. Ready in LESS than 30 minutes!
January is the month of healthy eating. The month of making up for December’s binges and the month of getting back on track. It can be a difficult month sometimes, but I’m here to help you make it work. On the diet-front anyway. Last week I shared how to set goals and today I’m sharing a new delicious healthy recipe with you guys. This dish is healthy, infused with asian flavors and ready in less than 30 minutes! Isn’t that great? Who knew healthy could be this awesome? This recipe is one of my go-to healthy recipes and I’m positive you’re going to love this too!
What are your favorite green vegetables?
- 400-500 g boneless chicken thighs*, cut in strips
- 200 g snap peas, washed and fibrous strings removed
- 1 small can bamboo shoots, drained
- 3 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil, for cooking
- ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Shaoxing wine
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- dashes of white pepper
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1½ tsp corn starch
- ¾ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 100 mL water
- In a bowl, mix the chicken with the marinade. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time: mix the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok on medium-high heat.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook until fully cooked through. Remove the chicken from the wok.
- In the same wok, heat another tablespoon of oil. Fry the ginger until golden brown.
- Add the snap peas and stirfry for 4 minutes.
- Add the bamboo shoots and chicken. Stir to mix.
- Give the sauce a good mix and add it to the stirfry.
- Cook until the sauce it thickens and coats the stirfry.
- Serve immediately over white rice.
- * you can also use chicken breast. It has less fat but is less tender though.