Soft and rich chocolate cake topped with a good dollop of whipped cream. No oven AND single serving. This cake is made on a stove. Looks fancy, but takes under 20 minutes to make.
Last week I challenged myself once again to make a single serving recipe. However, this time, I also wanted to make it no-oven. And I succeeded! If you enjoyed one of my previous single serve recipes, I’m pretty sure you’re going to l-o-v-e this one. Here’s how to make a:
- single serving
- vegan (optional)
delicious chocolate cake dessert.
- 60 mL (unsweetened soy) milk
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 40 g all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 20 g caster sugar
- 1½ tsp vinegar
- (vegan) whipped cream and chocolate for decorating (optional)
- Line a cooking ring with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, heat the milk about 20 seconds in the microwave or until hot.*
- Add the cocoa powder and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the cocoa mixture and vinegar. Mix until smooth.
- Put the cooking ring in a pan on medium-low heat.
- Pour the batter in the cooking ring and cover with a lid. Cook the cake about 3-4 min.
- Flip the cake over and cook for another 3 minutes (or until done) without a lid.
- Serve the cake immediately with whipped cream and extra chocolate.
- * Time may vary depending on microwave.