Delicious juicy sausage in tomato sauce with delicious slightly-sweet vegetables and runny, gooey baked egg on top. Perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
Hi my munchkins! Today I’ll be sharing my recipe a little bit different with you guys: I’m sharing it in a video! Now, the video isn’t exactly what I hoped it to be, but I know I’m a bit of a perfectionist too ^^; Anyways, I’ll be showing how to make sausage ramekins with vegetables and a delicious runny and gooey egg on top. It’s my boyfriends recipe and he makes this whenever he has to cook, but is feeling lazy too. This recipe isn’t just easy and quick, but it’s very delicious too. It takes just a few ingredients to get this warm lunch or light dinner to the table. You will throw everything in a pan for a couple of minutes, then you will transfer it too the oven and let it work its magic! The flavor comes from the sausage and there’s just a little of salt and pepper involved. It’s definitely my kind of recipe!
- 200 g sausage*, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes (in sauce)
- 6 eggs
- pepper and salt
- oil for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celcius.
- In a pan, heat the oil on medium-high heat.
- Saute the onions until soft and fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper, sausage and tomatoes. Stir until combined.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.** Stir until combined.
- Divide the mixture over the ramekins.
- Crack an egg on top of each ramekin. Move the ramekin around to distribute the egg evenly over the top.
- Bake the ramekins 15-20 minutes at 190 degrees Celcius.***
- *I used chorizo
- ** Remember that the sausage is already salty. Add little by little and keep TASTING.
- *** If you don't like to eat a runny egg, bake the ramekins until the yolk is a pale, matte yellow.