Single serving apple crumble. Plenty of buttery crumbs, chunks of sweet apple and a big dollop of vanilla ice cream (optional). No waste and no over eating.
FINALLY finished my test guys! So I’m back in business. For the past few weeks I’ve been studying my ass off. The test was last Tuesday so the outcome is out of my hands now. Time to relax. Time to bake. And because it’s the month of new year’s resolutions, I decided it’s time to share my recipe for single serving apple crumble with you guys. Yup, apple crumble for ONE. No wasting food, no over-eating. And if you feel like being extra healthy, find someone to share this single serving with and you’ve got dessert for two. My boyfriend and I did anyway. And as for vegans: swap butter for vegan butter, find your favorite pint of vegan ice cream and enjoy a delicious vegan dessert for one. Who needs friends when you can have dessert for one right? (Juuusst kidding. Love my friends ♥)
I won’t waste too many words on this recipe, because it’s really straight forward and easy. You’ll need a few basic baking ingredients and your favorite kind of apple. Mix it up, dunk it in a ramekin and slide it into your preheated oven. No fancy tricks. And if you’re bored with my standard recipe, also try:
- Adding (soaked) raisins or cranberries
- Adding chopped walnuts or pecans
- Substituting apple with pear (use a firm kind of pear)
- Pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon and cloves
- Ben and Jerry’s cinnamon bun ice cream
- Whipped cream instead of ice cream
- Adding salted caramel
Just a few amazing suggestions. If you have more suggestions, leave them down in the comments below!
I might do more single serving recipes this month. Feeling inspired. 😉 Suggestions are welcome too of course.
- 20 g unsalted butter, melted
- 20 g granulated sugar
- 25 g all-purpose flour
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- ½ tsp all-purpose flour
- 1-1½ tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C and get a ramekin ready. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix the ingredients for the crumbles with a fork until you have crumbs. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the filling.
- Put the filling in the ramekin.
- Scatter the crumbs on top.
- Bake the crumble 20-25 min at 180C or until the crumbs are golden brown.
- Serve warm with (vanilla) ice cream.