Easy vanilla cupcake frosted with sweet strawberry cream cheese frosting. Recipe for one.
And we’re halfway January! How are your new year’s resolutions going? Did you survive Blue Monday? (I didn’t feel like blue monday was any different than other Mondays tbh.) As you might already know, I don’t really do New Year’s resolutions. But as always, I want to focus more on the positive, less on the negative and move forward. It’s a daily resolution though. Not a NY resolution. Anyway, even though we’re just halfway the first month, I already hit a new mile stone as a blogger: I was interviewd by Deb from Beautygoddess! Just a few days after we hit January 1st, she emailed me if I was interested in an interview. Ofcourse I said yes! She also asked me to send a few snapshots so I decided to make a Beautygoddess cupcake (scroll down for the photo!). And to kill two birds with one stone, I decided make the Beautygoddess cupcake from a single serve recipe. Last week I shared single serving apple crumble. This week, it’s CUPCAKE time! Cupcake WITH frosting.
For this recipe, I altered my original vanilla cupcake recipe. Because the amount of cupcake batter is so small, you won’t need any egg for this cupcake. Perfect if you’re allergic to eggs! Accidental bonus. What you do need for this cupcake are butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, milk and vanilla. The last ingredient is sort of optional, but in my opinion vanilla extract is never optional in baking lol.
As for the frosting, I used a simple mixture of butter, cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar. I also added strawberry jam for flavoring, but you’re free to use any jam you like. I think blueberry or cherry jam would taste awesome too. You could also just omit the jam and go for a plain cream cheese frosting. Whatever your sweet heart desires. It’s YOUR
- 6 g unsalted butter, softened
- 10 g granulated sugar
- 15 g flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 10 mL milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 g unsalted butter, softened
- 20 g cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp strawberry jam
- decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and get one cupcake liner ready.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar with a fork.
- Add the flour, baking powder, milk and vanilla. Mix until a batter is formed.
- Put all of the batter in the cupcake liner.
- Bake 11-14 minutes at 180C or until a cake tester comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- While the cupcake is baking, mix the butter, cream cheese and confectioner's sugar with a fork.
- Add the strawberry jam. Using a teaspoon, mix until you have a smooth frosting.
- Let the frosting chill in the fridge until the cupcake has cooled completely.
- Pipe the frosting on the cooled cupcake, decorate as desired and EAT!