After making the Pigs in Blanket, I started getting hooked on baking bread! It’s so comforting and entertaining to do. As my boyfriend and I usually indulge on the weekends, I decided to make some pizza breads last weekend. You will love this recipe, because the bread is so fluffy and the ingredients are very versatile!.. Today’s recipe was adapted from a baking-book my sisters brought me from Hong Kong a couple of years ago. This is the first time I made a recipe from this cookbook and I must say: I love it.
Unlike the Tangzhong method I used in the dough for the PIgs in a Blanket, this recipe uses a so called sponge dough method. In this method, a pre-dough dough (haha, double ‘dough’ ^^;) is made, which helps the actual dough to become really yeasty and fluffy! This method is super simple and yields a delicious bread. Tangzhong and sponge dough will have to share the first spot, I suppose. 😉 If you’re scared of baking bread, this recipe is a real must-try. The recipe isn’t just super simple, but it results in a very soft and cheesy lunch too! We can all die in peace, now. Oh and to make things even easier, don’t forget my tip on a homemade steaming cabinet! That trick saves me so much time and failures 😀
Finish your pizza-bread with whatever topping you’d like. I went for some smoked chicken, red bell peppers, curry ketchup and lots and LOTS of cheese. Me and my boyfriend devoured the whole bread in one sitting. However, for the next time he’d like even more cheese than the ton of cheese I used! Such a cheese-lover…
Bake the pizza bread at 180ºC or until beautifully golden brown. Take it out and let it cool slightly, before serving your delicious pizza bread! Don’t forget to share! Sharing is caring… 😉
- 50 g egg
- 100 mL milk
- 3 g yeast
- 15 g skimmed milk powder
- 175 g bread flour
- 3 g yeast
- 15g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 40 g water
- 95 g bread flour
- 15 g unsalted butter, room termperature
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 Tablespoon water
- 200 g smoked chicken
- 20 g diced spring onion
- some curry ketchup
- grated melty cheese
- Mix the ingredients for the sponge dough and prove it approximately 1 hour or until double in size.
- Add the yeast, sugar, salt, water and bread flour.Mix.
- Add butter to the dough ang knead to a smooth piece of dough.
- Prove the dough approximately 1 hour or until double in size.
- Punch the dough down and divide the dough in 30 gram portions or lay the whole piece down.
- Prove the dough for another hour or until double in size.
- Brush the dough with egg wash and scatter the chicken, onions, cheese and currry on top.
- Bake the pizza bread about 20-25 minutes at180C.
- Let the pizza bread cool slightly and serve while still warm.