Soft peanut butter cookie with real chunks of peanut. Recipe makes exactly 1 cookie.
Hullooo! It’s me. And once again, it’s single serving time! This time, I’m sharing a single serving cookie though. I love making single serving recipes because it let’s me eat delicious food without binging. At first, I wanted to try a chocolate chip cookie but eventually I decided to go for a -more exciting- peanut butter cookie because.. who doesn’t love peanut butter?! This cookie is soft and stuffed with chunks of peanut. The recipe is super easy and you’ll just need 6 simple ingredients. So get a glass of milk ready, pop out your favorite book and enjoy this amazing, delicious cookie.
The most important step to this recipe is to heat the butter, peanut butter and sugar. Don’t worry, a microwave will do. However, keep in mind you can’t heat the mixture too long or it will burn due to the small amounts of ingredients. I set my microwave to 850 Watt and heated the mixture 10 seconds. Don’t skip this step because it’s essential: I tried making this cookie without heating, but the sugar didn’t dissolve properly and the texture of the cookie was quite grainy.
If you want to make this cookie vegan: swap the butter for vegan butter. Also, use unsweetened soy milk. Naturally, you can also use regular milk (not vegan!) or almond milk. I just used soy milk, because I don’t drink regular milk. Finally, you might notice I didn’t add any salt. If you usually add salt to your food, you might want to add a small pinch to this recipe. I didn’t feel like it was needed though.
- 5 g unsalted butter
- 10 g peanut butter
- 5 g brown sugar
- 10 g all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 tsp (unsweetened soy) milk
- chopped peanuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a small heatproof bowl, heat the butter, peanut butter and sugar for about 10 seconds on high heat (850W) in a microwave. Mix until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and milk. Stir until mixed evenly.
- Stir in the peanuts.
- Scoop all the dough out of the bowl and roll into a ball. Place the cookie dough on the baking tray and flatten it until about 1 cm thick. You can press in some additional peanuts on top if you want to.
- Bake the cookie 16 minutes at 180C or until golden brown around the edges.
- Let the cookie cool at least 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.