Delicious Danish-style butter cookies. These cookies are slightly crunchy and oh so buttery. Fits any cookie-diet ^_~
A few weeks ago I was dreaming about Danish Buttercookies. I used to have an aunt in Sweden who would visit us once in a few years. And whenever she dropped by, she’d bring us a beautiful blue tin of “Danish Buttercookies”. At that time, our supermarkets didn’t have as much variety as they have nowadays. Therefor, the Danish Buttercookies were a real special treat. We loved those cookies. If our mom didn’t stop us, we’d eat the whole lot in one day. There were different kinds of buttercookies in the tin, but each of us had a favorite. Mine were the butterrings, also known as “Vaniljekranse“. Yum~~ Buttery goodness.
Today’s recipe for “Vaniljekranse” is super easy. I’m not even going to waste a lot of words on this. It takes just a few (6!) ingredients and the batter is made in seconds. Even the baking time is short: only 7 minutes! Perfect, right?
The flavor of these cookies is really close to the store-bought cookies in the tin. It has been a while since I last had these cookies, so I taste-tested based on my memories. Don’t worry though, you’ll love it. I’m sure. Just make sure you use real vanilla extract. Under no circumstances should you substitute with “vanilla essence”. Mix it with all of the other ingredients and you got yourself a delcious buttery cookie batter! That’s it. 🙂 Easiest cookie in the world. Enjoy!
Which cookies would be in your top 3 best cookies?
- 200 g unsalted butter, softened
- 180 g icing sugar
- 1 egg (L), lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 330 g all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 C* and line a baking tray with a cookie sheet/baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- While mixing, add the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated.
- Fold in the flour and salt until you get a thick batter.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag with star nozzle and pipe the cookies in a ring shape.
- Bake the cookies 7-9 minutes at 200 C* or until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool 5-10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
- *For even browning bake in a fan-oven at 180C.