Forget your standard morning oatmeal and head right over to the baked side. These blueberry spice baked oats are easy to make and taste like (a healthy) dessert for breakfast.
Sorry guys, I’m not over my blueberry addiction yet. They’re just too freaking delicious. I combined my addiction with a healthy recipe for a change though. In addition, it’s a recipe for two people! Recipes for two are perfect for my household. No waste but still super delicious. Today’s baked oats are full of blueberries and so fragrant from the spices. I love spices. And did I tell you this recipe is glutenfree, lactosefree, nutfree ánd free of refined sugar. I wasn’t even aiming for that, but I take no (healthy) bonuses for granted. Total damage? 171 kcal. Best.breakfast.ever. You’re welcome 😉
- 1 banana, mashed
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- handful of blueberries
- 1-2 Tbsp cocoa nibs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients until fully combined.
- Divide the batter over two ramekins.
- Bake the oats 20-25 minutes at 180C or until the top is completely set and golden brown.