Easiest recipe for sweet and sour fish you’ll ever find. Serve with white rice or noodles.
Today’s recipe is one of my bf’s favorites: Sweet and Sour Fish. Actually, he likes just about anything sweet and sour. Sweet and sour chicken, sweet and sour fish, plain sweet and sour sauce.. I’m not even kidding. He’ll eat it all. Yes, even the sauce. And who can blame him? Sweet and sour is delicious. In addition, you don’t need to spend a lot of time in the kitchen for it either. If you make this quick cheat version, you can start eating in less than 15 minutes. Here’s how:
- 250 g white fish, cut in chunks
- 50 g corn starch
- 50 mL water
- 1 egg
- pepper and salt, to taste
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 200 mL ketchup
- 1 small can pineapple, drained (optional)
- ½ cup oil, for frying/cooking
- In a bowl, mix the corn starch, egg, water, pepper and salt.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Coat the chunks of fish in the corn starch mixture and fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan with the remaining oil, sauté the onion until golden brown.
- Add the bell peppers and stir until cooked.
- Add the chunks of fish, ketchup and pineapples. Stir until mixed evenly. Serve immediately.