The best feeling of happiness is when you’re happy because you’ve made somebody else happy.
1. Take him/her on a spontaneous trip
Spontaneous adventures are best.
2. Send snail mail at a random moment.
It’s always nice to receive a small gesture. It doesn’t have to be expensive.
3. Send/give a small gift at a random moment.
A small box of chocolates, a gift card.. it’s the thought that counts!
4. Cook a complete dinner.
Nothing tastes better than a free homemade meal.
5. Get his/her favorite snack/candybar and “hide” it in their bag.
So they can find it at work or school. The surprise element makes it extra special. Remember to hide it somewhere he/she will find it though. A candybar won’t taste as good 10 years later.. (Trust me.)
6. Give him/her a random call to ask how they’re doing.
Need I explain?
7. Make a fancy breakfast.
And serve it in bed. Best way to start a day!
8. Take him/her out for a treat (ice cream, cake..)
Everyone loves a free treat.
9. Buy (him/)her flowers.
Probably mostly for girls. But if you know a guy that likes flowers, it’s just as nice. I just don’t know any guys that like getting flowers..
10. Bake something delicious.
Homemade baked goods are probably the best gifts ever. Make his/her favorite cake, cookie or other sweet stuff.
11. Buy a cute frame and put a quirky photo of you guys together inside.
Just a reminder of your crazy, fun times!
12. Organize a day off.
Sometimes we need others to tell us we need to take a break.
13. Thank him/her for something small.
Everyone loves gratitude.
14. Give a compliment about something small.
A small gesture with big impacts. Compliments boost self-esteem and definitely make a heart smile.
15. Leave a compliment on a post-it somewhere he/she will find it.
The same as number 14 but with the element of surprise. Even better!
16. Reminisce about a fun story of you two.
Who doesn’t smile when thinking of crazy stuff they’ve done.
17. Deliver his/her favorite drink.
18. Write a personal and handwritten letter.
Connect. Handwritten gives it a special touch.
19. Ask if he/she needs help with something and do it.
It’s nice to have a helping hand without asking sometimes.
20. Do a facial mask together.
Probably less likely for guys, but it could still be fun. No one has been sad from pretty skin.
21. Pick him/her up.
Instead of having to take public transportation. Own transportation is often so much more comfortable.
22. Make him/her a homemade warm beverage.
Do you watch Big Bang Theory? Sheldon will explain why.
23. Bring him/her a dish (when you know he/she is too busy to cook).
Great idea for a friend who recently became mummy. Even those who love to cook won’t say no to a delicious meal made by a friend!
24. Send a message you’re thinking of him/her.
Sometimes just a few words are enough.
25. Tell a corny joke.
Even if they’ll laugh at you (instead of with you): a smile is a smile.