Thin crunchy cinnamon cookies with a soft chewy core. Packed with white chocolate chips. Great to compliment that hot cuppa tea!
Monday, fun day! Or maybe not haha.. Anyway, holidays are coming up and it’s crazy busy at work. I’ve been working so much overtime this month and now work is starting to chip off some time from my weekends too. *le sigh* It’s like everyone’s waiting for the holiday spirit to get their medicines ^^” Luckily, these crazy days will be over as soon as we hit January, maybe February. (I hope) For now, life is hectic, so if the posts are a bit short or you’re missing some usual updates: I’m probably working like a mad woman or trying to shake off the stress…. :’)
Today, I’ll be sharing the recipe I developed for the #fbcookieswap event. For those of you who missed the posts on the fbcookieswap, it is a cookie swap charity event in which every participant donated money to Cookies for Kids Cancer to join the cookie swap. On november 3rd we received our “matches” and we got til december 3rd to send out our cookies. I sent and received my cookies well before that date. If you’re interested in the cookies I got, find them here. For this event, I developed a white chocolate chip cinnamon cookie recipe. These cookies are crunchy on the edges, chewy in the middle and packed with creamy white chocolate chips! The flavor goes so well with the holiday spirits of this month (if I may say so myself). :3
These cookies owe their texture to a mixture of butter and eggs. Butter is mainly for the soft texture and that buttery flavor that can not be imitated by any fat-substitute (trust me, it’s not possible). By adding one whole egg, the yolk adds extra chewiness. As for the cinnamon, there’s no need to explain, right? Pure delicious cinnamon flavor. I add it to almost every christmas baking recipe. Yum. Enjoy my loves.
- 100 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 210 g granulated sugar
- 40 g brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 220 g all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 250 g white chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the egg and mix until just incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until distributed evenly.
- Roll balls the size of ± 1 tablespoon.
- Chill dough at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Bake the cookies 15 minutes at 180 C or until the edges start to brown.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and press some extra chocolate chips on top. (optional)
- Let the cookies cool completely on a cooling rack.